Sunday, January 1, 2012

DRINK EXPERIMENT

Tuesday, October 04, 2011, as I begin to write this, is National Vodka Day. My mind started working. The vodka supply is getting low. Not much room for mistakes to pour down the drain. But I wanted to make a new Bloody Mary. I’m tired of vodka and cranberry.

I used to have a great Bloody Mary recipe. It was borrowed, stolen, from two fantastic and totally different Bloody Marys I’d had in Key West. It was so long ago that I can’t remember the names of the bars. The first I’d been told about in Chicago, nearly 2,000 miles from its home. It was almost traditional in spite of Picapeppa Hot Sauce and cilantro. The second was refreshingly sweet – sort of. It was made with a secret recipe mix. In it I tasted cinnamon. There must have been other, unidentifiable, secrets but I couldn’t get the bartender to tell me what they were.

Where has the year gone? It is now January 1, 2012. Bloody Mary Day! That’s what got me in trouble in the first place.

If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been following food holidays. There have been plenty of food holidays that suggest meals or menus for the day. There are some that offer drinks. Of course, there are a few that may turn a stomach.

Perhaps this year food holidays may become my blog. Not sure I’m ready to post to the blog every day but there are entire weeks and months devoted to a particular food (or drink). I can handle the months and weeks (at least I hope I can). Let’s see how I do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment